Thursday 25 November 2010

My Target Audience

Through my internet research and survey, i have found that my target audience will be aimed at an age range starting at about 16 to about mid twenties. Though, in my research on the statistics of NME magazine, i found that the median age of people reading that magazine is 23, i have decided that i would like to aim my magazine at a slightly younger audience being mainly teenagers. I found that the main target audience of similar magazines in this genre are male which leads me to the decision that i will also mainly be focusing on a male target audience and therefore be using conventions that males would be more interested in such as having female models on the front cover, bold fonts, capitals and a black and white colour scheme throughout the magazine. My survey will be the main influence in my final piece because it tells me exactly what people want to see in a music magazine such as topics, articles and pictures. The NME research will also be helpful throughout the making of my final piece as it tells me how i can make my product appeal to my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment