Friday 25 March 2011

Evaluation - Technologies

"What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?"


I used lots of camera work for my magazine to take a variety of successful pictures for my cover, contents page and double page spread. I used many different shots on the shoot, although mostly mid-shots. This is because i felt that this way the audience could see the people closer up but they could still see what kind of clothes the models were wearing, thus they could make their own judgements to what they think about the people representing the magazine. I used Adobe Photoshop CS5 to edit my photographs such as the one below and make them look exactly as i wanted them too, here i edited the photo twice and then decided which one of the two i felt would look better for an indie genre magazine using my analysis of other magazines. I used different kinds of editing such as using filters to boost the images contrast and brightness, turning photos black and white, as well as touching up certain areas of the photo and airbrushing slightly too. 

I used Microsoft Publisher to create all my pages and drafts as simply and easily as i could, making them look professional and creating the layout of the magazine in a clear way, an example of the way i used Microsoft Publisher is to put everything where i wanted it to go, the programme enabled me to do this easily whereas if it was done on another programme such as Word there would have been a few issues with keeping things in the right place. However, Microsoft Word came in hand and was used a lot during my research so that i could show my research and findings in a clear and ordered way before uploading the documents to my blog via scribd which is the website that allowed me to upload and embed my word documents. I used the internet in other ways to, such as to find fonts from the website www.dafont.com, i simply downloaded (by picking the size of the text i wanted and then clicking download) some of the fonts that i thought were most effective for an indie genre magazine and used them by opening them from my 'downloads' folder on my computer where downloads are automatically saved, i only downloaded these fonts for mastheads, for example the masthead used on the front cover. Other ways in which the internet came into use was through search engines for my research into indie genre magazines such as google where i could simply type in what i wanted such as "nme front cover" and could easily look through and decided which image i wanted to analyse. Surverymonkey.com was where i created my target audience surveys and then after doing so used the website to embed the surveys onto other pages such as facebook and other social networking sites in order to get participants to fill in the survey, enabling me to gather a larger amount of results and thus have more results and more accurate findings. My blog is an important technology used as it is where all my work was uploaded as a way of keeping it organised and well-displayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment